Requirements from our Client
GOAL: Standardize the cabling infrastructure to meet the new corporate requirements, while assisting to install and turn up new network services in conjunction with deploying and rolling out their new point-of-sale (POS) platform to new and existing salons. The client was asking to make the technology more invisible for the associates and their customers to help with satisfaction overall and to drive new revenue.
The NCSI Difference
NCSI has a strong relationship as a valued IT partner of this customer. One of the many reasons they asked us to attack this project. NCSI assembled their project management team with extensive experience and knowledge. In the initial test roll out our highly qualified technicians were making recommendations to more efficiently accomplish the turn-up and install activities that became standardized and used across the entire deployment for all locations in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. We continued to focus on minimizing any disruption at the stores while accelerating the project’s success.
We assigned a team of experienced technicians to complete each installation. Technicians worked before and after the store hours to minimize any impact on the salon associates and their customers and to minimize
We assigned a team of experienced technicians to complete each installation. Technicians worked before and after the store hours to minimize any impact on the salon associates and their customers and to minimize impact on store profitability. Every store opened and closed on time and was ready for business the following day.
- The standardized installation process consisted of:
- Cabling upgrade of 5-8 cat5e cables
- Installation of one to four POS systems and a Cisco Wireless Access Point
- Install of new Cisco Routers and mounted upon a standardized backer board with a specific layout for the patch panel, power supply, etc.
- Install electrical were needed (4 plex outlet)
- Thorough testing to ensure optimal equipment performance
- Industry: Beauty Services
- Project: POS refresh, installation and turn-up of new network and standardize cabling
- Timeframe: 6 months
- Size: 1,600 stores – Clean up to 400 additional
- Cabling and equipment installation
- Network Turn-ups (demarc extensions)
- Project management
- 24/7 help desk
- Installed point-of-sale equipment
- Installed structured cabling to support new POS system
- Installed and tested new POS system
Fielded dedicated teams of experienced technicians and installed equipment before and after hours of salon operations.